SOT boasts commercial management services in all sub-sectors of the dry bulk market for a diverse clientele. And when combined with our technical management, it offers an attractive package especially to non-technical financial investors and institutions. We employ operation teams tuned into the commercial considerations of the highly competitive dry bulk market. Our operation teams are headed by Masters Mariners with proven experience in the industry. They are prepared to deal promptly and effectively to any circumstance.
Our Commercial services focus on specific activities, which enhance the returns to the asset investor ranging from the procurement of employment and assets to business advisory services, insurance placement, claims handling support and average adjusting.
We can tailor a full commercial management package and competitively place tonnage trading worldwide in liner trades, spot, period business to suit the client's commercial profile and ongoing requirements. Our competitive chartering activities are focused on negotiating and concluding periodic charters for vessels of all types. One of the major factors behind our success is our absolute commitment to delivering high quality service through our continuous analysis of market trends and close watch on emerging opportunities in a rapidly changing environment, which allow us to offer up-to-date advice to our Principals.
Our Commercial management services include:
- • Voyage estimates and negotiation of charter parties
- • Checking the recapitulation of terms and voyage orders
- • Performance monitoring under terms of charter-party
- • Laytime/Off-hire/Voyage calculation and demurrage claims follow-up
- • Invoicing/collection of payment of freight on behalf of principals
- • Claims handling
- • Appointing agents, checking/handling/settlement of Port disbursements
- • Evaluating/nominating bunker suppliers, checking bunker invoices and remittances
- • Tracking vessel’s ROB and checking figures